- Adult and Children's Fiction & non-fiction -- books, eBooks, audio books (CD or digital).
- Large Print, Young Adult, and Reference BooksNewspapers & Magazines (including digital versions).
- Music CD's, Movie and TV DVDs, digital movies.
- Special Collections.
- Borrowers' cards are initially issued free of charge to residents
of Allegheny County. Patron must show photo ID and proof of current address to obtain a card.
- Proof of address: If the address on your ID is old, also bring a bill or some other document showing your current address.
- It is FREE online to change the address on your PA ID or license, and the state requires this to be done within 15 days of moving. Go to www.dmv.pa.gov and follow the links to change address on your photo ID.
- The library participates in Access Pennsylvania, the state-wide library card system. This entitles most residents of the state to borrowing privileges and incredible digital resources.
- Library accounts 'expire' and must be renewed every two years. If your account has reached the expiration date, simply stop in at any County library to update your record, then you can continue to use your existing library card. You will need to show your photo ID. Until you renew, you will not be able to check out materials (including ebooks), access library computers, renew items or place orders for items.
- Most items may be borrowed for three weeks.
- Often, materials are able to be renewed. If you would like to renew before the date your items are due, you can log in to My Account; call us at 412-672-0625; or call the automated renewal line at 412-622-1895.
- If your items are already overdue, you'll need to call a library and speak to someone in person to try to renew.
- Items that have been requested by other patrons will not be able to be renewed.
- There is a book drop at White Oak for after-hours returns.
- DVD movies may be checked out for one week. Some circulating reference materials are
also restricted to a one week loan period. A maximum of five
videos and DVDs may be borrowed by adults, and a maximum of
two for children. Some sets of DVDs can be borrowed for longer than a week, but please check each individual item on your receipt.
- You can sign up for the free text service offered by Allegheny County libraries and renew by text! Simply text SIGNUP+barcode+PIN to 412-459-7442. Click here to learn more!
RESERVATIONS - All materials in circulation may be reserved.
All materials not owned by this library may be requested from the
Electronic Information Network member libraries. There is no fee if materials are returned by the due date.
REMOTE ACCESS TO CATALOG/RESOURCES - Access the library
catalog 24 hrs. day/ 7 days a week from any computer.
You can also pay fines online here. Go to:
MATERIALS FOR THE BLIND AND THE PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED - A
fine selection of large print books is available at this
library (LBPH). Registrations for talking books, tapes, and
braille may be made through this library.
MEMORIALS/ HONORARIUMS -Click ON-LINE FORM or stop by the Library to request a form. Notice
is immediately sent to the family.
COMPUTERS - Computers are available for public use.
The catalog, reference materials and the Internet (and Wi-Fi) can be
accessed at the library. Microsoft Office (EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, PUBLISHER) and other software is available on all patron computers.
Visit the Event Calendar for details/more programs/program registrations.
STORYTIME is held most weeks for preschoolers, the SUMMER READING PROGRAM is conducted each summer -- for all ages, and we have various SEASONAL PARTIES and activities for families (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, International Village, movie nights). TEENS can visit for Wii tournaments, craft making programs, movies, and more. ADULT PROGRAMS include movies, crafts, workshops, and seminars are offered throughout the year.